CHEVY INTERIOR DOME LIGHTS

2001 Chevrolet Blazer

riccoo1

January, 22, 2010 AT 7:53 AM

2001 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 90,000 miles

i woke up one morning, went out to start my car and battery was completely dead. I noticed that the wheel switch was pushed all the way forward(dome light switch) I tried to trickle charge battery, but would not take a charge (year old battery). They happily replaced the battery (auto zone) and now my dome lights are stuck on. (Dome override will not work) and as far as iknow there is no fuse specifically for the dome lights Only. What do I do

Light Codes

Power Locks And Dome Light

Mirrock

January, 22, 2010 AT 8:09 AM

Need to check the door switches that tell the light to come on and off with respect to the opening and closing of the door. If you need iot to drive right away you will need to pull out the fuse marked int lights, (interior lights) You will lose your dash lights with this for the time being until you locat the real problem. The actual switch in the dash that you said was stuck up could be bad too.

riccoo1

January, 22, 2010 AT 11:56 AM

There is no fuse that says int. Lts

Mirrock

Hmm. Well in an effort to help you since I do not happen to know what the interior light label is, I suggest trying to pull one fuse out at a time. You cant hurt anything by doing this. Pull a fuse. See if they go out. If not put the fuse back in and move to the next one till you find the one that makes the dome light go out.

Open Hood Video
Cabin Air Filter Replacement