CHEVY LOSES ALL POWER WHEN TRYING T

2000 Chevrolet Blazer

skwid

June, 24, 2009 AT 5:15 PM

2000 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 95,000 miles

I went out to start my truck about an hour after I got home and it acted like it was going to start then it lost all power to the entire vehicle. I had this happen a couple of days ago, but after letting it sit for a little bit it started right up. I was wondering if anyone knows what could be wrong, thanks.

Jacobandnickolas

July, 1, 2009 AT 5:28 PM

Make sure the ground to the engine block is clean and tight. Also, make sure the battery terminals are clean and tight. Take a volt meter and make sure the battery is producing at least 12 volts.

skwid

July, 6, 2009 AT 9:06 PM

Thank you Jacobandnickolas I just haven't had time to check things until today when I stranded myself in a store parking lot. I removed and cleaned the positive cable and it was tight, but it was completely white. Once I cleaned the cable completely with baking soda and water, and a wire brush it started up immediately. Once again thank you your advice worked.

Jacobandnickolas

July, 6, 2009 AT 11:14 PM

I'm glad it worked. My teacher always said, " regardless of the electrical problem, you always have to start at the power source, the battery.&Quot; He was a great guy and mechanic. However, he has since passed. A true loss to the industry.

Let us know if you have questions in the future.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang