2000 CHEVY BLAZER 2000 BLAZER LOSES ALL POWER WHEN TRYING T

• skwid
  • 2000 Chevrolet Blazer

2000 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 95,000 miles

I went out to start my truck about an hour after I got home and it acted like it was going to start then it lost all power to the entire vehicle. I had this happen a couple of days ago, but after letting it sit for a little bit it started right up. I was wondering if anyone knows what could be wrong, thanks.

Wednesday, June 24th, 2009 AT 5:15 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Make sure the ground to the engine block is clean and tight. Also, make sure the battery terminals are clean and tight. Take a volt meter and make sure the battery is producing at least 12 volts.

Wednesday, July 1st, 2009 AT 5:28 PM
  • skwid

Thank you Jacobandnickolas I just haven't had time to check things until today when I stranded myself in a store parking lot. I removed and cleaned the positive cable and it was tight, but it was completely white. Once I cleaned the cable completely with baking soda and water, and a wire brush it started up immediately. Once again thank you your advice worked.

Monday, July 6th, 2009 AT 9:06 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

I'm glad it worked. My teacher always said, " regardless of the electrical problem, you always have to start at the power source, the battery.&Quot; He was a great guy and mechanic. However, he has since passed. A true loss to the industry.

Let us know if you have questions in the future.

Monday, July 6th, 2009 AT 11:14 PM