1999 CHEVY BLAZER, VIBRATION OVER 65 MPH

• Lonnie92071
  • 1999 Chevrolet Blazer

I have a 1999 Chevy s-10 blazer. 90,000 miles, 4X4, automatic transmission. Runs and drives great, up to about 65 mph, when I get a very very noticeable vibration. Can't really tell if it is coming from a specific area or not, just kind of feels like the whole thing is shaking. I tried swapping out wheels/tires from a friend's blazer and the vibration is still there. Any suggestions? I am on a limited budget, so I want to know the best thing to try first before spending dollar after dollar guessing what it might be.

Thursday, September 27th, 2007 AT 11:13 PM

• dennyp

You might want to look at the engine and trans mounts closely. Make sure they are not broken, collapsed, or excessively " spongey" from oil saturation. You could also find a shop that has an ELECTRONIC VIBRATION ANALYZER. The E.V.A. Can pinpoint the source of vibrations by measuring their frequency.

Friday, September 28th, 2007 AT 7:00 PM
  • deanjb

Try removing the forward drive shaft. It worked for me but I haven't determined what the true source of the problem is so I can re-install the drive shaft. The problem was the u-joint at the forward end of the drive shaft.

Thursday, November 15th, 2007 AT 5:33 PM
  • ihatedahabs

Check the drive shaft, I had the same problem and the vibration got so bad I thought parts were going to fall off, it ended up being the U joint on the back end of the drive shaft.

Tuesday, November 27th, 2007 AT 5:52 AM