CHEVY HEADLIGHTS NOT WORKING AND TICKING IN THE

1997 Chevrolet Blazer

caliiangel

October, 29, 2009 AT 1:11 PM

1997 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 113000 miles

I cannot seem to get my headlights to come on or stay on completely. When I turn them on I get ticking noise in the glove box and then the DRL indicator flickers at the same time as the ticking. This morning the DRL's would not go off and the headlights would not come on. Any suggestions as to what the ticking is in the glove box how to fix the headlight/DRL issue?

October, 29, 2009 AT 1:38 PM

There is a relay center behind the glove box, drl relay among others. There is a yellow wire carries voltage to the dimmer switch from headlamp switch. There may be a multiwire connector under dash close to steering column for circuit going in and from the steering column. If the headlamp switch is on the dash, you should be able to find the yellow wire at the connector. Turn on the lites, use testlite, see if wire is hot. For the left headlamp assembly, tan wire is low beam, lite green wire is high beam. Those wires should be at the connector also.

caliiangel

October, 29, 2009 AT 1:50 PM

So, if there is a possible short then could that fix both the headlights not staying and the ticking in the glove box?

October, 29, 2009 AT 2:00 PM

Don't know, but, checking the voltage circuits is a start.

Fog Light Bulb Replacement w/ H.I.D Kit
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
DRL Light Bulb Replacement
Side Marker Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper