• joes97blazer4.3
  • 1997 Chevrolet Blazer

Brakes problem
1997 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 290000 miles

hey, my blazers ABS light is on. It throws the code P0719 brake switch B circuit low. Every now and then the light goes off and ABS kicks in for no reason on dry ground. Also if I floor it and it kicks down a gear the light flickers off. I have checked the sensors and wires and they are fine. Could this be linked to the tourque converter? Rumors in various forums suggest so. What are your thoughts on the problem? Thx in advance.

Wednesday, March 10th, 2010 AT 5:34 PM

• factoryjack

In the diagnostic charts that I read for P0719, the action taken is the VCM illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp, otherwise known as the check engine lamp, that is also the reason it has a 'P' prefix for powertrain. Knowing that, chances are that this is not related to your ABS fault. ABS codes on your vehicle, can only be extracted with a scan tool. I would guess that the powertrain code was discovered with a code reader, these usually do not interrogate other vehicle systems. Your ABS code would have a 'C' prefix. After determining what ABS code(s) are stored, it may shed some light on a diagnosis.

Wednesday, March 10th, 2010 AT 10:47 PM