1996 CHEVY BLAZER WON'T START

• dyvyd
  • 1996 Chevrolet Blazer

1996 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

it will turn over but not start. If I put gas in the intake it will start and run fine and re start at a gas station but let it sit over night it wont start till you put gas in the intake again. Now it has striped the flywheel teeth so I'm fixing that. It had a camshaft crankshaft correlation # from the tester. I have changed the fuel pump and the cam position censor and the crank censor and I have a new distributor to put in if I have to. Can you please help this SUV seems to be kicking me in the gut every time I work on it. I am an old school car guy and am not used to working on the newer cars but I am learning I hope. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought this car like this and have yet to drive it more than a couple blocks and my wife is driving my truck Till I can fix it

Friday, May 29th, 2009 AT 6:09 AM

• rhall77

When it doesnt start, test the fuel pressure and let me know where it is at. It should be around 60-65 psi.

Friday, May 29th, 2009 AT 8:24 AM
  • dyvyd

Sorry I should have said before. The fuel is at 62 and holds

Friday, May 29th, 2009 AT 3:17 PM
  • dyvyd

I should also say that the # for the crank cam correlation is still there even after trying to reset it it goes away but will come back after I shut the motor down and try to restart

Friday, May 29th, 2009 AT 3:28 PM
  • rhall77

Did you set the cam correlation correctly?

Saturday, May 30th, 2009 AT 12:58 PM
  • dyvyd

I have not set the cam correlation. How is that done? All I have done to this point is change censors and cap and rotor and new wires and plugs. By the way thank you for the help. I will make a donation when I am able to. This is a great site

Sunday, May 31st, 2009 AT 8:22 PM
  • rhall77

Do you have a scan tool that reads data stream. You need this before we can go any further. We have to be able to read the cam corralation when you start the vehicle

Monday, June 1st, 2009 AT 11:38 AM
  • dyvyd

I have a obd2 reader that it real good but I dont think it can read a sream. Can you tell me what to look for so I can get one or borow one. Thank you

Monday, June 1st, 2009 AT 11:21 PM
  • rhall77

It will have on the data stream cam corralation if it has it.

Thursday, June 4th, 2009 AT 8:04 AM