CHEVY ENGINE

1996 Chevrolet Blazer

DK23

1996 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I try to start engine will not start, when you turn key back from engaging starter it fires but don't run. I replaced camshaft sensor, distributor cap, crankshaft sensor, rotor, fuel pump is fine I can hear it run also coil has been changed

pear69

Check the fuel pressure with a gauge -- let us know what it is. Just because the fuel pump is running does not mean that there is enough fuel pressure to run the engine.

DK23

Fuel pressure is at 60psi with key on, when cranking over engine it is 52psi could the engine be flooded? Would the knock senor have anything to do with it? Could it have a bad timeing chain?

pear69

Why did you replace the crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor, and the coil? Did you test these items before you replaced them to confirm that they were bad?
If you replaced the crankshaft sensor you must have your computer reprogramed to the new sensor. Take your Blazer to a dealership and have them perform a crankshaft sensor re-learn proceedure. While you are there, have them reflash the computer and check the timing. The only way to properly check the timing is with a $15000.00 scan tool, and usually the home mechanic does not have one. The reason for this is because your computer advances the spark, so checking the timing with a timing light WILL NOT work.
The fuel pressure is within spec, so you are correct in assuming the fuel pump is ok. If there is no spark, then yes it could be flooded - remove all the spark plugs and see if they are wet with fuel.
The knock sensor may have something to do with it, as well as a bad timing chain - but TEST and perform all the steps I just mentioned BEFORE we get to replacing anything else.
Testing for a stretched timing chain is simple, but lets see if the timing is off first. BTW- it should cost around 50 bucks or so at the dealer to have all all of thise proceedures done. This is well worth it.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right