1996 Chevy Blazer Coolant System

VALBABE19
  • 1996 CHEVROLET BLAZER
I have a 96' chevy blazer that has a coolant system issue. I have changed the thermostat and raidator cap recently. I even took my raidator out of my car to give it a good thorough cleaning.

My raidator holds fluid well. The problem I am having is the access tank runs dry. I have to put fluid in it almost everyday. I have checked the tank and hoses leading to it to make sure there was no leakage. Any ideas on what can make it run so dry?
Monday, September 6th, 2010 AT 1:03 PM

WRENCHTECH
First off, you can't flush a radiator once it gets crusted up inside so if the radiator is the problem, a new one is the only thing that will resolve that.
Since I'm sure you have already overheated it pretty good recently, there is a real good chance of a blown head gasket at this point. Your first step is to pressure test the cooling system and resolve any pressure loss issues or leaks found.
Monday, September 6th, 2010 AT 1:08 PM