CHEVY BLOWER MOTOR LOCATION

1996 Chevrolet Blazer

cgodin

November, 9, 2009 AT 11:43 AM

Air Conditioning problem
1996 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 129964 miles

i have been working on my vehicle looking for the blower motor now for a couple of days. I have gone to multiple garages and each have told me differant locations. When most of them said under the dachboard, I had tried taking apart my dashboard but I couldnt enough to get to where the blower motor was located. But I dont know exactly where it was located. It seems as though I cant even locate the sixe or the shape ofthe blower motor or fan. Would u happen to be able to tell me the exact location an how to get to the blower motor?

November, 9, 2009 AT 12:12 PM

Hi cgodin,

Thank you for the donation.

The blower motor is located on right rear of engine compartment. Here are the removal and installation procedures.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_Blower96BlazerFig02_1.jpg

BLOWER MOTOR & FAN

Removal & Installation
1 . Disconnect negative battery cable. Disconnect blower motor electrical connections. Remove Vehicle Control Module (VCM), if necessary. Remove coolant recovery reservoir and blower motor cooling tube. Remove blower motor mounting screws.

2 . Cut access cover along dotted lines. See Fig. 2 . Remove upper half of access cover, tearing remaining portion of access cover. Remove blower motor. Remove nut attaching blower fan to blower motor shaft, and remove fan.

3 .To install, reverse removal procedure. Apply a bead of Black weatherstrip adhesive to cut and tear lines for access cover.

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro