1995 Chevy Blazer how to take it out?

CBODER218
  • 1995 CHEVROLET BLAZER
I have the trans pretty out only thing I havent done is remove the exhaust and bell housing bolts. But I cant seem to lower it enough to get to the 4 of the 6 bellhousing bolts. It wont lower much with the back crossmember attached and it looks welded in.
Friday, January 2nd, 2009 AT 6:52 PM

BUDDYCRAIGG
Sometimes it's easier to get to those top bolts by laying on the engine and reaching down.

Or a really long extension with a universal joint on the socket.
Friday, January 2nd, 2009 AT 7:37 PM
CBODER218
I have tryed both ways, I could get the socket by one of the bolts but theres no room and the angle the bolt sits at wont let the socket get on there so I can turn it? Im relly lost with this and maby tomarow I will jack up the trans as high as it will go and try from up top agan thanks for you input
-1
Friday, January 2nd, 2009 AT 7:40 PM
JSTLOOKIN
I have tryed both ways, I could get the socket by one of the bolts but theres no room and the angle the bolt sits at wont let the socket get on there so I can turn it? Im relly lost with this and maby tomarow I will jack up the trans as high as it will go and try from up top agan thanks for you input[/quote:09209bad03]

Sup.
I doing the same thing U are, I need to change the flywheel. I have exhaust, crossmember off and the trans. Unbolted from the rear end. But I am having the same problem getting to the bellhousing bolts, did you get them out? Thanks for the help
Thursday, February 5th, 2009 AT 11:59 AM