Back windshield wiper will not work

LISAL77
  • 1995 CHEVROLET BLAZER

Six cylinder four wheel drive automatic

I have tried to use the back windshield wiper and when I turn the switch on I hear a buzzing/humming from the motor but nothing works. Would I need to replace the motor or is it a sensor that could be bad? The windshield wiper nor sprayer works, just get a humming/buzzing noise from the motor. Thanks, Lisa

Tuesday, February 3rd, 2009 AT 8:26 PM

BMRFIXIT

Check if the rear is close. Suspect bad motor.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Tuesday, February 3rd, 2009 AT 8:38 PM
LISAL77

I was hoping it was not the windshield wiper motor, not cheap I checked prices. I am thinking a junkyard may have one for less than $100.00.
Thanks, Lisa

Tuesday, February 3rd, 2009 AT 10:02 PM
GMPATTERSON21
  • 1996 CHEVROLET BLAZER
  • MERGED

My windshield wipers are not working properly. When they do actually come on, they do not go off when I turn them off or they will go off standing straight up. Rarely they will not come on at all. Or they come on and will work for about two minutes, stop working for about sixty seconds then continue that cycle (this is on the highest setting, too). Should I change the fuse, the control board or the whole motor?

Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:26 PM
CADIEMAN
  • MERGED

This sounds like a motor.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:26 PM
WHITAKER1028
  • 1996 CHEVROLET BLAZER
  • MERGED

Six cylinder two wheel drive automatic 180,000 miles

i am having problems with my wipers if I turn them on nothing happens, however if it is on any speed but high and I try to move them by hand they will do one swipe if it is on high. If I start it by hand the will keep going. I changed the control module and it still does it nothing has changed. My turn signals work, but the cruise does not. I do not know if that has anything to do with the switch.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:26 PM
BLUELIGHTNIN6
  • MERGED

Seems like you may have a faulty turn signal (multifunction) switch. Since control module was replaced there is really nothing else other than wiring that would cause this issue.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:26 PM
HILLBILLYBOY1965
  • 1998 CHEVROLET BLAZER
  • MERGED

Six cylinder four wheel drive automatic 151,000 miles

I was just wondering why my dash lights are going in and out everytime I hit a bump and I have to hit the dash to get them to come back on. Also, my windshield wipers does not work unless I get out under the hood and mess with the windshield wiper motor wire.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:26 PM
  • MERGED

Chances are you have a loose connection on both problems or a bad ground. Check under the dash for a loose connection to the instrument cluster. Also, one of the wires under the hood for the wipers must be loose or damaged. Try moving one wire at a time. When you find the one that makes them work, check it for damage, corrosion. Also, check it for continuity.

Let me know what you find.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:26 PM
JDNY
  • 1994 CHEVROLET BLAZER
  • MERGED

V8 four wheel drive automatic 198,648 miles

My vehicle is a two door fullsize.
I have recently been working on a very muddy job sight. When one day I go to use my washer fluid and nothing, so I figured the tank was empty. When I went to check it was full to the top from my recent oil change. The wipers work fine but when I hit the switch for the front or rear washer fluid nothing not even a sound like it use to make when empty. I was just hoping you could help me with this problem since this is the only problem I have had in a long time.
Thanks.

Jack

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/467511_2PucUdpPS1tsU_PGSqLs93zqPudJORYM67Wj5HwC9bfLPPirY8rpLa6LzDTsKrf6_2.jpg

Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:26 PM
BLUELIGHTNIN6
  • MERGED

First to check is the washer system fuse. If both the front and rear stopped working at the same time then it is most likely either faulty motor/pump or a faulty washer switch. Will need to test each to see which is the culprit.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:26 PM