CHEVY WON' TURN OVER

1989 Chevrolet Blazer

alliandjake

December, 3, 2007 AT 1:17 PM

1989 Chevy Blazer V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

89 Blazer 350 w/ TBI 700r4

I tried starting my blazer the other day and got nothing. So I had someone jump me and I got it started after awhile; although it took awhile like my battery was completly dead- (brand new battery and I didn't leave the lights on) As soon as I took the red jumper off the truck died, did that twice. So I left the truck and came back to it the next day. Had battery tested- tested good, put a new ground wire on it. Found that the only thing I could get to work was the headlights. My stereo I put on accesories so I can turn it on even when not in run, and it wouldn't work. I don't even get a click from the starter. All fuses also checked good. Noticed that Batt part of fuse panel was the only side that got power in any mode- run, acc, start. And it won't start at all when jumping it anymore. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated- thanks Jake

December, 3, 2007 AT 2:11 PM

Get all your fusible links tested it has to be good otherwise it will no power the little colored miniature fuses.

alliandjake

December, 4, 2007 AT 4:40 PM

The only fuses that are powered are off of the battery section of panel. I am looking at the fusible links, so far they all look good. But its wiring from a 89 blazer put on a 69 blazer (TBI swap) so I'm just following wires right now. I put a jumper wire from Batt section of fuse panel to the crank fuse and it started to turn over. It blew the horn fuse so I stopped there, but thinking maybe it might be a ignition switch problem? Appreciate the suggestions.

December, 4, 2007 AT 4:44 PM

Check for power at the links before and after with a test light I don't recommend eyeball method. It doesn't tell you anything.

Battery Replacement Guide
Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement