1988 CHEVY BLAZER RELAY SWITCHES

• murphyiv
  • 1988 Chevrolet Blazer

1988 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I have replaced my wiper motor, then the pulse board and still am not getting my wipers to work. I was told I need a realy switch. I don't know if that's true but I haven't been able to find one. Could you please help me?

Sunday, February 28th, 2010 AT 11:32 AM

• bluelightnin6

There is no relay for your vehicle's wipers. have you checked the fuses? below is a diagnostic table to follow, if its too small to read please list your email so i can send it in better form..

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Graphic_363.jpg

Sunday, February 28th, 2010 AT 11:43 AM
  • murphyiv

I have a 88 chevy s10 and I replaced the wiper motor, the pulse board and my wipers still won't work. I was told it is a realy switch problem. I was also told there are not relays, yet I have one in my hand and it's cubed shaped, black and connect under the windshield. The part # is 8165, patent # 10039961. I hope you can help me and thanks for the response.

Sunday, February 28th, 2010 AT 12:10 PM
  • bluelightnin6

Ok well none of my wiring diagrams or sources show any type of relay for the '88 blazer's wiper system. If you found it then go for it and try it out. If it doesn't help though then I would suspect a faulty wiper switch.

Sunday, February 28th, 2010 AT 12:46 PM
  • murphyiv

Thank you for your help. I'll take your advice.

Updated 3/2/10
There is a relay and it's cubed shaped. It is hooked onto a bracket under the windshield. I took one off and have the part number 8165 patent # 10039961. Thanks

Monday, March 1st, 2010 AT 7:18 AM