CHEVY FUEL FILTER OR SENSOR ?

1996 Chevrolet Beretta

cocakolajoe

November, 12, 2009 AT 6:47 PM

1996 Chevy Beretta 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 160k+ miles

I start my 96 beretta, it runs for about a good 3-5 minutes and it starts to stall and then eventually dies. Ive been running Fuel cleaner through it since I bought it. This car is a beast and has never had any problems till recently. But it does start. When I first Noticed the problem it was when I was driving, it sounded like it wanted to shut off and it wouldnt accelerate while I was driving. It was almost like I was out of gas. A friend told me it might be the fuel filter or a map sensor or someting like that. Ill answer any questions if you need to know more info. I love this car I dont know why but id like to keep it going. Help me?

1dodge2

November, 20, 2009 AT 1:23 AM

Is the check engine light on? Fuel filters are one of the most forgotten maintenance item. A clogged fuel filter can drive the cars computer (ECM) crazy and eventually, when completely stopped up, prevent the engine from running. Also checking fuel pressure is advisable. Let me know what you find.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic