SQUEEKING NOISE WHEN I TURN LEFT

• Sassegirl
  • CHEVROLET ASTRO

2000 chevy Astro rear-wheel drive, 98,000 miles. When I make left hand turns I hear a rubber on rubber kind of squeeking noise, like two rubber parts are sliding on each other. It doesn't do it when I turn right and it does it worse if it's raining. Is it something to be concerned about, like a belt coming loose?

Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 AT 11:03 AM

• JDL

Sorry for the late reply.

My thought would be to cut wheels all the way to the left, get the suspension to bounce up and down, see if you can recreate the noise. If you can recreate the noise, check your suspension components.

If it was serpentine belt, I think it would make the noise all the time. If the belt has a lot of mileage, replace it. If the removed belt appears to be in reasonable shape, you can keep it in vehicle for emergency spare.

Wednesday, March 18th, 2015 AT 2:14 PM
  • JDL

Just to add, struts can squeak, also, control arm bushings, just to name a couple.

Wednesday, March 18th, 2015 AT 2:22 PM