I HAVE POWER WINDOW PROBLEM

1992 Chevrolet Astro

HO2013

March, 13, 2007 AT 2:38 AM

Hello can anyone help I have 1992 Astro Power Window Problem my passenger side will not work from drivers side or passengers side, IV replaced the motor and had several different switches tried had no luck I had even checked the wiring colors too make sure none had been out of color code. I was just wondering is there any kind of connection from one switch too the other under the dash. Any help would be most appreciated thanks
Lee

Jack42

March, 13, 2007 AT 8:05 AM

D/S works ok? Look in the P/S door jamb wiring for any broken wires. It is fairly common on older cars

HO2013

March, 13, 2007 AT 1:20 PM

Hello thank you for the reply IV taken your advise and had that wiring problem in mind, We'll IV checked the wiring in the door and jamb they all looked good. Funny thing though I hooked up the extra motor believe it or not it worked both sides the motor rotated in both directions so naturally IV put the pig-tail back on too the one IV had put into the door then nothing all over again. IM going to purchase a test light today had one but put it one of those safe places where I can't remember where. Thanks again I'LL check the wiring out the correct way, it's pretty puzzling too me no mater what. IM just a shade-tree mechanic you'll most likely too see it posted again if no luck Thanks again.

HO2013

March, 13, 2007 AT 1:23 PM

Me/Us

April, 8, 2007 AT 10:26 PM

I had the same problem with the same year van. Did the same troubleshooting and squirming and thinking and wondering and. Well, in a '91 I worked on, I accidently wiggled THE DRIVER" S SIDE switch and the passenger side switch became fully functional. I wiggled again and the passenger side went back to crap. Crazy problems all came from the drivers side!

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy