BAD FUEL ECONOMY

• WMike
  • Chevrolet Astro

I own a 1999 Chevy Astro van AWD V6 Vortec (72K). I recently had repair work to my fuel gauge since it was not registering how much fuel was in the tank. My question is :Ever since I got the work done the van is only getting 200 miles or so to the tank of fuel. I was averaging 350+. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Saturday, February 17th, 2007 AT 10:14 AM

• WMike

Thanks for replying Tech1. I should have mentioned that the fuel pump was replaced. It was replaced because the sensor that relays how much fuel is in the tank went bad. I was told that the sensor could not be replaced but the whole fuel pump must be replaced. I figured it was close to 100K so why not replace the whole thing. Since then the miles per gallon went downhill, really bad. I was thinking about doing the basic (spark plug, wires, etc.) But I do not understand why the miles per gallon went down. Also nothing else went wrong with the van, like dash lights or anything else. Anyway thanks for replying.

Saturday, February 17th, 2007 AT 2:29 PM