2003 CHEVY ASTRO NEED HELP STARTING CAR

• detje
  • 2003 Chevrolet Astro

2003 Chevy Astro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

while starting engine takes a while, could smell gas fumes. Possibly told it was my maf sensor.

Saturday, October 9th, 2010 AT 10:58 AM

• JDL

The coolant temp sensor could cause a problem so could the tps. Any applicable trouble codes? Some of the name brand autostores used to check codes for free. Use a gage and check fuel pressure, see if pressure bleeds off too fast? When the problem is ongoing, have a helper crank it while you visually check for spark at the plugs. Do you have the spider fuel system?

Saturday, October 9th, 2010 AT 12:13 PM
  • detje

We did put on the machine. The codes were: po100, po102, po103, and po104.
I have a book on what the codes mean and all of them were in there besides po104.
I do not know what a spider fuel system is,
i have a csfi(central sequential fuel injection) system: if that helps with anything.

Monday, October 11th, 2010 AT 10:42 AM
  • JDL

I see, everything points to the maf sensor. At the maf connector, the pink wire is voltage, key on, no crank, use a digital multimeter, check voltage. Black wire is ground. Yellow wire is signal. You may need a scanner that shows live engine data, to look at the signal?

Monday, October 11th, 2010 AT 12:40 PM
  • detje

We did that. Nothing has changed. It is still doing the same thing. What should I do now?

Wednesday, October 13th, 2010 AT 4:03 PM
  • JDL

Don't know, I would have to look at it.

Wednesday, October 13th, 2010 AT 6:01 PM