2001 Chevy Astro Chevy Astro Brakes and Turn Signals; Camsh

JEREHTR
  • 2001 CHEVROLET ASTRO
Hi, I have a 2001 Chevy Astro with 85000, and I have two problems. First, I have had a recent issue with the turn signals not blinking when braking. That happened to me this morning. Second, I had an error code which came up when my Service Engine Soon light came on. The code is P0341, and it says, 'Camshaft Position Sensor A - Bank 1, CKT Range/Perf'

Anyone know what to make of either of these issues?

Thanks, J
Friday, June 27th, 2008 AT 11:33 AM

Are you saying the turn signals work fine when you don't step on the brakes?

The brake lites and turn signals use the same voltage circuit, just not at the same time. That circuit is controlled by the turn/hazzard switch. When you engage the turn indicator switch, it kills the brake lite on that side only.
Friday, June 27th, 2008 AT 1:13 PM
JEREHTR
Yes, I am saying that the turn signals just stay in the 'on' position when hitting the brakes.

Thanks,

Jeremy
Friday, June 27th, 2008 AT 2:10 PM
In the rear, the brake lites and turn signal use the same bulb fillament, they can't work at the same time.

When you use the turn signal lever for a left turn, you won't have a brakelite on the left side, you should have turn signal, though. You will still have brake lites at the high-mount brake lite and brake lites on the right side.

Maybe I misunderstood your question, somehow?
Saturday, June 28th, 2008 AT 10:50 AM
JEREHTR
I think I didn't communicate it well.

My signals don't blink, but just light up when applying the brake pedal. Otherwise, when I am coasting or hitting the gas pedal, they blink like they normally should. This problem happened just yesterday on the way into work. Any thoughts? Could it possibly be that one of the bulbs is going (or is already shot?)?
Saturday, June 28th, 2008 AT 1:08 PM
Are you saying none of your turn signals work, front or back, when step on the brake?

You may have to check the turn/ hazzard switch.
Saturday, June 28th, 2008 AT 3:13 PM
JEREHTR
Yes, the arrow stays lit up, but it doesn't blink when I brake.

Otherwise, it seems to blink just fine.

Thanks!

Any thoughts on the error code P0341?
Do I just have to replace the camshaft position sensor?

Thanks.
Saturday, June 28th, 2008 AT 3:17 PM
Looks to me like your going to have to check the circuits at the turn/hazzard switch.

As far as the cam sensor, that's a hall switch, three wires, ref voltage, ground, signal. I'd check those before I did anything else.
Saturday, June 28th, 2008 AT 3:57 PM