CHEVY DOME LIGHTS, CIG LIGHTER, GLOVE BOX LIGHTS

1989 Chevrolet Astro

southbound

1989 Chevy Astro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 82000 miles

. I was using cig. Lighter heater/defroster and shut it off when the car was not running(i normaly do so while it is still on) something tripped/shorted and now my cig lighter, inside lights, and radio/ radio lights do not work. There is power going to the radio, I can hit the poser button and the speakers get power, but not the radio itself. Also my dome light can be set to an on position with my dimmer wheel/switch, and while I can dim my dash lights still, I can not turn on my dome lights. I have checked my fuses and they are fine. I do not have a second fuse panel that I know of, and am not sure where my circut breakers are, or my inline fuses.

2CarPros Ken

Hi, do you have power at most of the fuses in the fusepanel when the key is in the " on" position?

astro girl 1

May, 13, 2011 AT 7:29 AM

That happened to my van too any ideas

2CarPros Ken

July, 5, 2011 AT 2:18 PM

Its sounds like the fusible link has failed. Please check and get back to us. : -)

Wrenchtech

July, 5, 2011 AT 3:06 PM

You'll find the fusible links at the starter with the main cable.

Open Hood Video
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon