Check Engine Light/TC Disabled/Can't Shift Above 2

LUCKYNUMBER85
  • 2006 PONTIAC G6
After a 2+ hour trip, we took off from a stop light and the check engine light came on, the Traction Control disabled light came on, and the car would not shift above 2nd gear-automatically or manually.

After sitting for 30 minutes, started car & check engine light was still on. After shifting to drive, TC light came on and shifting problem seemed to resume.
Friday, June 14th, 2013 AT 7:01 PM

SATURNTECH9
Alright here's what I need from you I need you to get a scan done on the cars computer we will start with generic obd2 scan. Please post the exact code numbers not code descriptions. We may have to have a professional scan tool scan it later that can scan all the computers in your car.
Friday, June 14th, 2013 AT 7:44 PM
LUCKYNUMBER85
Thanks for the reply--is that something I can get done for free somewhere (O'Reilly, Auto Zone, etc)
Saturday, June 15th, 2013 AT 5:01 AM
LUCKYNUMBER85
Just got back from OReilly's & Got this code: Shift Solenoid B Electric, if that helps. THanks.
Saturday, June 15th, 2013 AT 6:20 AM
SATURNTECH9
I need the exact number it will be a letter followed by a four digit number did you get that?
Saturday, June 15th, 2013 AT 7:00 AM

Sponsored links