CHECK ENGINE LIGHT.

1992 Pontiac Firebird

icedraggon

April, 29, 2013 AT 6:25 PM

We ran a diagnostic on the car. Got DTC-43. We changed the map sensor, egr valve, est modal on distributor, plugs, plug wires, distributor cap and rotter, fuel relay. Check engine light will not go off and can't remove with tester. Have tried to reset the computer by disconnecting the battery. Light goes off but comes back on a few min. Latter. Also car is running rich. What else should we do?

hmac300

April, 30, 2013 AT 6:24 AM

You have to get the tester out in order for the light to cgo out after testeris out ehn pull the ecm fuse for 30 seconds

icedraggon

April, 30, 2013 AT 4:35 PM

We pulled the tester and fuse. Light still comes on. Someone I don't quite know if they know what they are talking about told me to change the knock sensor. Could that be it?

hmac300

April, 30, 2013 AT 5:45 PM

Sorry didn't read the queston right the first time. The pic i'm sending tell s you how to check it. It is the knock sensor circuit I am assuming this is a 5.0L engine with pfi. If you replace the sensor pull the ecm fuse for 30 seconds then reinstall and start the car if itstill is on then you havne' t fixed it by replaceing the sensor ans will lhave to check it further.

icedraggon

May, 1, 2013 AT 9:08 AM

Thank you for the advice. When I found the knock sensor the plug was broke and not attached to it. So going to replace that.