Changed battery Now No headlights

BADBOYCHUBS
  • 2002 JEEP LIBERTY
No interior lights & no power lock, no alarm, speedometer not moving from zero. Battery died. So I took out the battery and replaced it. But before I took out the old one the factory alarm was not trigger. The back glass was opening on its own. So I got the new battery and installed it.
Jeep started up normal but No power to dash board lights, interior lights to show door is open, power locks not working, I have o lock and unlock manually. Speedometer not moving from zero. No front wipers only water will spread. No headlights, but if I flicker the bright lights it light up. Brake and reverse lights work. I can't drive at night because no lights.

we checked all the fuse and no diagnostic codes showed up. Engine running ok. Airco is only blowing air not cooling. It was working fine before.

some say it can be a sensor bad or maybe jeep computer needs to reset.
Friday, October 17th, 2014 AT 8:42 AM

WRENCHTECH
Changing a battery can trigger a lot of different issues on a can that has multiple computers. Hopefully you didn't hook up the battery cables wrong, even for a split second. Both the body control module and the engine control module are programmed to the specific vehicle and sometimes they can lose their programming when power is disconnected. You're going to have to get this checked out by a professional.
-2
Friday, October 17th, 2014 AT 4:19 PM