CD6 PLAYER/RADIO PROBLEM AFTER REPLACING BAD BATTERY

2003 Ford F-150

Tgbbrjbjames

September, 16, 2013 AT 6:59 AM

My CD6 Radio system (factory) will not stay on. This began to happen after replacing truck battery. It seems to power up when I turn the headlight but then display goes away and system won't power on

hmac300

September, 16, 2013 AT 10:34 AM

If it sneeds a code entered try the last 4 digits of your vin number. It may be in manual how to do it.

Tgbbrjbjames

September, 16, 2013 AT 10:50 AM

No codes just blank display. No response if pressing Vol control for "ON". The only operation that runs is "setting HH MM" then goes blank and the CD "load" operation then goes blank. The "eject" operation does not work system go blank. Never any codes.

hmac300

September, 16, 2013 AT 11:02 AM

Well don't know what to say you might call the dealer and see it has to be locked but most of us don't know how to unlock that or call ford customer service i'm sure they can help you out. Sorry. If you want your donation back just email back and will see that its' done.

2CarPros Mike

September, 16, 2013 AT 12:05 PM

It seems like you are not getting consistent power to the radio, check all the fuses, relays and connections into the back of the radio. There are no radio codes to enter, check to see if it has 12 volts.

There are a few fusible links on this probably by the relay and that may be the problem if one of them burnt up or is partially burnt.

Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Alternator testing done right