CAR DOESN;T START

2006 Vauxhall Vectra

jozi

April, 13, 2013 AT 3:03 PM

Today I went to petrol station, filled fuel then I started the car but after 3meter the car stopped.I started again but starting motor no turning, fuel gauge shows nothing(doesnt move), glow plug sign on the dashboard no come on.I think the battery and starter and fuses are good. It is a diesel 1.9cdti. And I filled diesel at at the petrol station not petrol, just in case I tell you : ))

mhpautos

April, 13, 2013 AT 3:12 PM

Check that the battery terminals are clean and tight, check that you have 12v at the starter main terminal and 12v at the solenoid when key on crank, start here and re[port what you find.

jozi

April, 14, 2013 AT 3:30 AM

Hi there!The car behaves like if there wouldn't be diesel in the tank. But I filled it so there is ab.20litre is the tank. Once we were out of diesel and the car behaved the same way. Maybe some kind of diesel sensor is faulty which says there is no fuel in the tank and that's why the car can not start?Thank U!

mhpautos

April, 14, 2013 AT 3:53 AM

May be the fuel shut off solenoid, get that checked first.

jozi

April, 14, 2013 AT 4:16 AM

Can you tell me where we can find solenoid?Thank U: ))

jozi

April, 14, 2013 AT 5:13 AM

Ok I found solenoid: )

mhpautos

April, 14, 2013 AT 2:24 PM

I do not have details of this model, but normally there is a solenoid on the side of the injection pump it will have one wire going to it, have a look.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right