CAR CRANKS SOMETIMES

2002 Honda Civic

MohsinBob

May, 6, 2013 AT 6:24 PM

Okay so recently my civic 2002 would crank but won't start I'd have to wait like 10 minutes then keep cranking and it will start in some cases I would have to give it a boost and I would have to crank but will definitely start. I have replaced the battery the starter changed the oil and also transmission oil. Sometimes when the car starts after several times it would be in park and the rpm would go so high to about 3 by itself so I would turn the car off.

May, 6, 2013 AT 6:34 PM

I would suspect the distributor has failed. It is a common failure for this condition

MohsinBob

May, 6, 2013 AT 6:44 PM

Where is the distributor and how much would that cost? Is that the same thing as replacing the 4 coils?

May, 6, 2013 AT 6:50 PM

It has coils? I assumed it did not but then you never gave us an engine size

roy

MohsinBob

May, 6, 2013 AT 6:54 PM

1.7 engine size

MohsinBob

May, 6, 2013 AT 10:05 PM

I also have experienced that my temperature for my car at times doesnt even move at all just stays down. Could that be related to the same cranking problem?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe