There is one. Here are the directions for replacing it. The attached pic both correlates with the directions and shows the location of the sensor.
First, here is a link that shows in general how one is replaced:
Here are the specific directions for your vehicle:
2004 Saturn L Series V6-3.0L VIN R
Vehicle Powertrain Management Sensors and Switches - Powertrain Management Sensors and Switches - Computers and Control Systems Camshaft Position Sensor Service and Repair Procedures
CAMSHAFT POSITION (CMP) SENSOR REPLACEMENT
1. Turn the ignition OFF.
2. Disconnect the camshaft position (CMP) sensor harness connector.
3. Remove the knock sensor 2 pigtail from the attachment clip.
4. Remove the CMP sensor attachment bolt and remove the sensor.
1. Install the knock sensor 2 pigtail clip to the CMP sensor if installing the new sensor.
NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
2. Install the CMP sensor by gently pushing into place and install the attachment bolt.
Tighten the camshaft position sensor bolt to 8 N.m (71 lb in).
3. Insert the knock sensor 2 pigtail to the clip.
4. Connect the CMP sensor harness connector. Push the connector in until the lock position is felt, then pull back to confirm engagement.
Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Thursday, January 23rd, 2020 AT 8:05 PM