2002 CADILLAC SEVILLE SLS

• djmontes
  • 2002 Cadillac Seville

Hi, I own a 2002 Cadillac Seville SLS 4.6, bought it on 36000 miles it has 46000 actual miles in 9 months. I've been checking the oil level periodically (weekly) and it seem to need at least half a quarter to a quarter of oil every other week. Driving on normal conditions. I don't see any leaks and no smoke any color coming out of the exhaust. The car runs great, a friend told me it could be the head seals but I don't see any oil on the engine either. I don't know what else to do.

Wednesday, November 29th, 2006 AT 3:30 PM

• GWH

This is normal for the Northstar engine to use some oil. I've had two Caddys with the Northstar engine and both used about 1 to 2 quarts of oil between changes.

GWH

Sunday, August 12th, 2007 AT 6:34 PM
  • thunder

If you don't mind Jiffy lube, you get a free top-off on ALL fluids. Not bad for a $30 oil change.

Tuesday, November 27th, 2007 AT 11:59 AM
  • Buzzsaw

You need to do a top engine clean and free up the piston rings, cadillac says 1 qt per oil change is normal, you do this by warming up the motor and putting top engine cleaner in the spark plug holes, let it sit for 24 hrs and change oil, may have to repeat couple times

Friday, November 30th, 2007 AT 9:44 AM