2001 CADILLAC SEVILLE HID HEADLAMPS BLOWING FUSES, DRIVERS

• kooler
  • 2001 Cadillac Seville

2001 Cadillac Seville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 47,000 miles

I have a 2001 Seville STS with factory HID headlamps. Over the weekend, it blew a fuse for the drivers side HID lamp. I replace the fuse and the HID lamp lit up for about 3 seconds and then popped the fuse again.
I pulled the lamp assembly out and looked at the wiring to see if I could find a pinched wire or maybe a wire that had rubbed thru its insulation and was arcing to ground but found nothing.
I put it all back together and tried a new fuse, it lit up and lasted about 8 seconds and then popped the fuse again.
Any ideas on how to diagnose the HID circuitry? These parts are very expensive to just try and replace ballasts, ignitor, etc. Please help if you can.

Tuesday, April 15th, 2008 AT 7:31 AM

• Buzzsaw

Thoes are the blue lights right? The elctrical booster for that headlite is bad, I believe there is one for each headlite assy, its a rectangle box about 6-8 inches long and 2-3inches wide

Tuesday, April 15th, 2008 AT 1:20 PM