HEADLIGHT PROBLEM

2001 Cadillac Seville

2CarPros-Archives

October, 21, 2010 AT 9:46 PM

2001 Cadillac Seville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 47,000 miles I have a 2001 Seville STS with factory HID headlamps. Over the weekend, it blew a fuse for the drivers side HID lamp. I replaced the fuse and the HID lamp lit up for about 3 seconds and then popped the fuse again. I pulled the lamp assembly out and looked at the wiring to see if I could find a pinched wire or maybe a wire that had rubbed thru its insulation and was arcing to ground but found nothing. I put it all back together and tried a new fuse, it lit up and lasted about 8 seconds and then popped the fuse again. Any ideas on how to diagnose the HID circuitry? These parts are very expensive to just try and replace ballasts, igniter, etc. Please help if you can.

2CarPros-Archives

October, 21, 2010 AT 9:48 PM

Those are the blue lights right? The electrical booster for that headlight is bad, there is one for each headlight assembly, it's a rectangle box about 6-8 inches long and 2-3inches wide.

Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon