2002 CADILLAC HESITATION IN IDLE

• foldemdel
  • 2002 Cadillac

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2002 Other Cadillac Models V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

IM GETTING A HESITATION JERK WHILE IN IDLE, ESPECIALLY WHILE A/C IS ON. IT JERKS ENGINE AND ITS NOT THE A/C FILTER OR GAS CAP. IVE BEEN TO NUMEROUS MECHANICS AND NO ONE CAN PUT THIER FINGER ON IT! ANY IDEAS?

CADILLAC 2002 DHS

Thursday, June 11th, 2009 AT 3:37 PM

• rasmataz

Try cleaning out the idle air control valve

Thursday, June 11th, 2009 AT 4:23 PM
  • foldemdel

Will do. Ill get back when I do

Thursday, June 11th, 2009 AT 8:54 PM
  • foldemdel

I had the air idle control valve cleaned out and that didnt work. Ive done that, checked through computer and it says everything is fine. Engine jerks in idle and hard to accelerate. Way more intensified with a/c on. Kind of like a hesitation jerk. Been to numerous mechanics and no one can put their finger on the problem. Please let me know if you can think of anything else. Thanks for the time!

Friday, June 19th, 2009 AT 4:08 PM
  • rasmataz

Check the crankshaft position sensors and the throttle position sensor/MAF/MAP sensors too-

Friday, June 19th, 2009 AT 4:54 PM
  • factoryjack

If numerous mechanics, and the vehicles own system do not detect a problem, is it safe to say that it is normal operation? Do the other mechanics feel what you are trying to describe, or does the concern not occur in their presence? Is it possible that the fault lies with the air conditioning, something like overcharge, or liquid slugging? What is your history on owning the vehicle, have you just aquired it, and feel there is a problem?

Saturday, June 20th, 2009 AT 1:27 AM
  • foldemdel

Ive had it for a yr and a half. It didnt do it before and ive brought it to a cadillac dealer. I thought about the a/c and something electric but who knows. I do know its not normal! Everything I get from you im relaying over to my mechanic so I appreciate this!

Monday, June 22nd, 2009 AT 2:02 PM