HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT THE BATTERY DRAINING

1996 Cadillac Fleetwood

george3405

December, 1, 2008 AT 11:47 PM

1996 Cadillac Fleetwood V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 48,485 miles

I've had a battery drain. I did the testing and found when I pulled the "Fuse # 3 - 50 amp fuse the problem left. This fuse controls: Controlled Power Relay, Controlled Power Back up relay, Mirror fuse, Platform Zone Module (PZM fuse, Radio/phone fuse, cluster amp fuse, comfort fuse. How do I narrow down the problem area? I don't even know what some of the items are? Are there sub fuses for like the "radio/phone fuse? Any help is appreciated. Battery is dead in 2 days if car is not started every day. By the way, the specs for m.A. Draw is.50 max. This draw is 1.35 and when max fuse # 3" is pulled reading drops to.4. Thanks, george3405

Docfixit

December, 2, 2008 AT 8:36 AM

Need to remove each component one by one till you fine culprit. Some of items controled are powered up all the time. What you'll need is good wiring diagrams and info. At the bottom of this reply click on site ie. Manuals and for $9.95 you will get all the 411 you need.

Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011