1987 Cadillac Fleetwood

HPANTIVIRUS
  • 1987 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD
1987 Cadillac Fleetwood V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 128 K miles

my car wouldnt start right after I dorve to the gas station and put gas in it. So I put a new fuel pump, fuel filter, and fuel line going to fuel filter. Then I tried starting it again and nothing. So I checked my distributor and my ignition rotor had came off. So I put it back on and then I tried starting it. It started but it shoke the whole car, so im thinking its misfiring. And if I leave the car running for bit it turns off. I took one spark plug out and connected it with the spark plug wire outside the enigne to see if it was producing spark. It wasnt. So I put a new ignition rotor, terminal module, ditributor cap, coil pack, spark plugs and spark plug wires. But it still runs really rough and still shakes the car. I just dont know what to do anymore. Help please.
Saturday, September 20th, 2008 AT 4:11 PM

KEN
Hi, when the dist cap came off, did it damage the hall effect sensor in the distributor?
Tuesday, November 11th, 2008 AT 12:05 PM
HPANTIVIRUS
Thanks for replying. Where would the hall effect sensor be in the distsibutor? & Wut does it look like it?
Tuesday, November 18th, 2008 AT 5:52 PM
KEN
Yes it is in the distributor. Under the rotor, several small wires connect to it.
Tuesday, November 18th, 2008 AT 6:29 PM
HPANTIVIRUS
Wut kind of damage should I be looking for on the hall effect sensor?
Wednesday, November 19th, 2008 AT 11:14 AM
KEN
The failure wuill not be visable.
Wednesday, November 19th, 2008 AT 11:20 AM
HPANTIVIRUS
It is not damaged. I found out injector 1 was not spraying. So I switched the connector from injector 1 to injector 2 & visa versa. Then I saw injector 2 wasnt spraying. Once I saw that, I went to my fuses. I saw the fuse was blown for injector 1. I put a new fuse in it. A 3-amp fuse. It started right up and I left it running for about 10 minutes. I cut it off to charge the battery. Once the battery was charged I tired cranking it but then it wouldnt. So I tried agian and it started running bad agian. So I checked injector 1 and it wasnt spraying. I checked the fuse and it was blown agian. I checked the wires coming from the injector connector for an open wire but I couldnt see anything. I know I got a short to ground but I dont know where else to check. So i'm thinking about getting a new ECM because I just dont know.
Wednesday, November 19th, 2008 AT 12:24 PM
KEN
After you replace the fuse, disconnect the injectors, then crank the engine over for a bit, then check the fuse, if it is ok, repalce the injectors one at time, they short internaly.
Wednesday, November 19th, 2008 AT 12:55 PM
HPANTIVIRUS
Thanks for the advice. Im gonna try wut u told me & get bak wit u within a week. Thanks
Wednesday, November 19th, 2008 AT 7:07 PM