REMOVING THE INNER FRONT PANEL

2007 Cadillac Escalade

international

May, 26, 2010 AT 8:58 AM

2007 Cadillac Escalade

Dear Pros,
I have a question about the front panel.
I have bought a video unlock device, but I have no cadillac service centre in my country. I need to install it myself. TO do it I have to remove the front panel just below the display.
How can I do it?
Thank you very much for the help in advance!
Regards,
International

Wiring Issue?

bluelightnin6

May, 26, 2010 AT 7:27 PM

Is the picture below the panel you are talking about? if so then it is held in by clips.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Graphic_537.jpg

international

May, 28, 2010 AT 5:01 AM

Thanx for your comment!
Actually what I need to remove you can see on the picture. the problem is that this model is older than mine and I dont know where the clips are and how to remove it. If you have any suggestions, please advise haw can I do it better.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/424025_panel_to_remove_1.jpg

factoryjack

May, 28, 2010 AT 11:35 PM

The picture shown is not an Escalade vehicle. If your Escalade has navigation, the panel below the display, and the display are one piece. To remove that panel(the one shown in the illustration from bluelighning), you first need to remove the ashtray/cupholder by pulling up. If you have a plastic trim tool, it can aid in this. Then you need to remove the RH IP vent/trim plate(the one that has brushed stainless and Cadillac logo), and then that center vent panel can be removed. From there you can remove the radio, the climate panel, and the lower switch panel(htd wash, articulated running board, etc.).

Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes Benz
Oil Change and Filter Replacement BMW 525i
Oil Change and Filter Dodge Charger
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions