DRIVERS DOOR CONTROLS

2004 Cadillac Escalade

djs66

July, 22, 2010 AT 11:23 AM

2004 Cadillac Escalade

Drivers door controls stopped working, locks, pedals, mirrors. Windows do work from their own doors. Cannot locate correct fuse to correct problem.

Rear Door

factoryjack

July, 22, 2010 AT 11:12 PM

I am going to guess logic lock of the driver door module, but it could be a power or ground fault with the door module. The fuse is labeled DDM, and is in the left instrument panel fuse block, under the I/P end cap. I would start first by removing this fuse for about 60 seconds or so, visually inspect the fuse for being open while you have it in hand. Install the fuse, and see if the functions have resumed. Another way you could do it, is check the fuse with a test light to determine it's integrity, and disconnect both battery cables. Short the cables together for about the same time. This discharges all the capacitors in all the modules, just a more general way of doing what I had mentioned above. If it doesn't resume operations, then your next step would be to remove the trim panel to access the door module connections and check power and ground to the module.

bobbybizzal

October, 8, 2013 AT 11:59 AM

Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Dynamat Door Installation