2003 Cadillac Escalade

• 2 POSTS

2003 Cadillac Escalade V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 141000 miles

I own 2003 Cadillac escalade the check light came on and I brought it to the mechanic. The codes he pulled up were p0171-p0174 fuel trim lean bank 1 and 2, they were the oxygen sensors, so I had them replaced.I also replaced the fuel pump and gave it a tune up, and also ran a vaccum test on it and have checked my engine for more problems but none apparently. But my check light is still on and my cady is running weird please help I'm at the end of my rope

Tuesday, December 16th, 2008 AT 12:00 PM

Try this, 99 through 05 GEN III truck engines may experience any of the following:

A cold rough idle that diminishes as the engine warms up.
Possible DTCS P0171, P0174, or P0300.
Random misfires at idle.
The intake gasket seals may be leaking around the intake ports, causing a lean condition. The intake gasket seals may leak around the bottom side of the port, making it a challenge to detect the vacuum leak. The technician may also notice lower than normal MAF readings if the intake seals are leaking.

If leaking intake gasket seals are found, replace the intake gaskets. During the repair be sure to use the current GMSPO part number for replacement intake gaskets. The current GMSPO part number for intake gaskets will have a teal green intake gasket seal. The old version of the intake gaskets were orange in color. Use only the teal green colored gaskets for a repair.
The intake plenum should also be checked for excessive warpage that may cause an uneven clamping pressure of the seal. If the plenum is found to be warped it will need to be replaced. Service Information states, "An intake manifold with warpage in excess of 3 mm (0.118 in) over a 200 mm (7.87 in) area should be replaced". Intake warpage is measured at the gasket sealing surfaces, and should be measured within a 200 mm (7.87 in) area. This measurement is across only two of the intake runner port openings. Measurements taken across the entire distance of all four intake runner ports will lead to unnecessary manifold replacements. Check for vacuum leaks again you might find a problem. Please post back with what you find.

Tuesday, December 16th, 2008 AT 1:16 PM