MAYBE A PROBLEM WITH FUEL DELIVERY S

1999 Cadillac Escalade

ironman331g

August, 8, 2010 AT 3:02 PM

1999 Cadillac Escalade V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

I have a 99escalade that had sugar poured in the gas tank when I was on deployment and I took the vehicle back to caddy dealer and have had over 2000 bucks worth of repair to ejectors and a month after returning home from deployment, I am still having problems. When I start up (the vehicle), it idles high and low and sometimes shuts down. When I take off(drive) right after startup it takes off slow and hesitates (kinda embarrasing around people)(women). A friend (backyard mechanic) told me that the spider assembly is finished and that no repair shop will fix these, they can only be replaced. Does this sound like a proper assesment? I do get codes for crankshaft position sensors, but I have replaced it. I was told that my fuel pump was bad, so I replaced it twice, once b4 the dealer repair and once after. I clear codes everytime I start up, but once It warms up it rides good. When I am at a red light, the truck wants to surge forward forcefully, so often I have to put it in nuetral until the light changes.

merlin2021

August, 9, 2010 AT 4:05 PM

Didn't you replace the spider as noted by 2000.00 worth of injectors? How long was the engine run with sugar? It can ruin an engine. Has a compression test been done? Tank and lines flushed out? Is the service engine light on? Surging at lights is normally a vacuum leak, Get a can of spray gumout, start the car and spray around, pay attention to vacuum lines and manifold, if the idle changes, you found a leak. You want the engine running and spray on the outside but do direct the stream onto the hoses, if it is a vacuum leak, the engine idle will change speed, then you have detected a leak, repair the vacuum leak and see how it runs!

The other possibilty is the idle air control, it, s bolted to the side of the throttle body.
Also do not spray hot exhaust manifolds or pipes, it can cause a fire!

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet