LOW OIL PRESSURE WARNING

1993 Cadillac El Dorado

BODADDYBO

March, 19, 2008 AT 10:14 AM

1993 Cadillac El Dorado V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 176000 miles

My Eldorado has been showing a warning on the display
" Low oil pressure turn off engine" I am at 40% on the oil life index, have checked compression/leak down/ all good. Motor runs good and strong and has been well maintained. Question? Am I looking at a sensor problem or a worn oil pump/relief valve issue. I understand that there is an oil pressure sensor and an oil level sensor. Not wanting to replace parts without knowing cause
When warning displays I immediately turn engine off. Also do not hear any knocking / pinging etc engine always sounds good

Buzzsaw

March, 20, 2008 AT 7:57 AM

Have you ever had the intake gasket replaced? Look for coolant in the oil, oil will look milky,

if it is leaking, you will need a new motor or a remanufactured one, do not try to fix it you will be wasting your money

BODADDYBO

March, 20, 2008 AT 8:33 AM

if it is leaking, you will need a new motor or a remanufactured one, do not try to fix it you will be wasting your money[/quote: 5d6e99770d]

Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Corolla
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW 5 Series
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevy Silverado
Oil and Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford Focus