2002 Cadillac DTS PCV Valve

HENRY KENNEDY
  • 2002 CADILLAC DTS

Engine Cooling problem
2002 Cadillac DTS V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 68,000 miles

This is my first time and it is all a little confusing. I just chaged my paypal account to my new bank so that you get payed.
Question: I just bought a new PCV valve at the dealer and can't find where it goes after I remove the engine cover. Any ideas?

Tuesday, November 24th, 2009 AT 1:34 PM

FACTORYJACK

Crankcase Ventilation System Inspection/Description

A crankcase ventilation system is used to consume crankcase vapors created during the combustion process instead of venting them to the atmosphere.

Fresh air is supplied through a filter to the crankcase, the crankcase mixes the fresh air with the blow-by gases and then passed through a positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) orificed tube into the intake manifold.

The PCV orificed tube restricts the flow rate of the blow-by gases using a 3 mm (0.118 in) (a) orifice located at the end of the tube. If abnormal operating conditions arise, the system is designed to allow excessive amounts of blow-by gases to back flow through the crankcase vent tube into the throttle body in order to be consumed by normal combustion.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Tuesday, November 24th, 2009 AT 10:00 PM
HENRY KENNEDY

I had a rough idea as to the PCV Valve function, but where is the little thing located? I can't find it.

Wednesday, November 25th, 2009 AT 12:01 PM
FACTORYJACK

It was written in your other post. It is in the rear cam cover, non-serviceable orifice.

+1
Friday, November 27th, 2009 AT 9:27 PM