2002 CADILLAC DTS AIR CONDITIONER

• Birdieblaster
  • 2002 Cadillac DTS

Air Conditioning problem
2002 Cadillac DTS V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 98,000 miles

When Driving with the Air conditioner on(AUTO STTING), Sometimes it Just stops, Nothing like it was shut off no fan no nothing, then about 1 to 3 min later it will come back on and work perfectly for a few days then do it again, Its starting to happen more frequently lately about once a day.

Sunday, August 16th, 2009 AT 9:55 AM

• factoryjack

Does the screen black out or do anything, or does the blower just stop working.

Monday, August 17th, 2009 AT 11:48 PM
  • Birdieblaster

Screen does not black out Still Shows On and Fan on Auto Everything Quits working No Air, No Blower, No Fan, Nothing Then after a few Min it comes back on Normal as it was

Tuesday, August 18th, 2009 AT 5:07 PM
  • factoryjack

Sounds like you just may have a blower concern. If you remove the sound insulator from the lower right instrument panel(below the glove box/black) to where you can access the blower motor. When it quits either check that you have power and ground at the time with a test light or meter or, rap on the motor and see if it coincidentally resumes operation.

Tuesday, August 18th, 2009 AT 10:27 PM
  • Birdieblaster

Thanks I will try that, But usuallly I am out Driving when it happens and it returns to Ok before I get back home?

Wednesday, August 19th, 2009 AT 8:53 AM
  • factoryjack

If you can, leave the insulator off for easy access, and pull over to check it, or if you have a second person.

Thursday, August 20th, 2009 AT 12:40 AM