WON'T START

2000 Cadillac DTS

BRYANTL

February, 10, 2009 AT 2:04 PM

2000 Cadillac DTS V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 210000 miles

I have a 2000 DTS, when I turn the key I hear a rapid clicking sound and the car wont start. I've tried to reset the alarm with the remote and by locking and unlocking the doors with the key. I also unhooked the battery to see if that would help. When the car was running it somtimes would cut out while driving, I would have to restart the car to get it going again. All the lights on the dash and all the headlights are working, I don't know what the problem is, can I get some help please, please, please. I'm loosing my mind.

February, 10, 2009 AT 2:23 PM

Do you have a check engine light?

Check the battery and connection make sure its cleaned and properly tightened-Disconnecting the battery the computer lost its memory and must go thru a computer releaning process

BRYANTL

February, 10, 2009 AT 2:58 PM

Yes the engine light is on.

February, 10, 2009 AT 4:12 PM

Next thing to do is get it scanned for OBD2 code/s and get back with the code/s this is where the starting point of diagnosis.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang