2002 Cadillac Deville Blower Motor

BUDGIN
  • 2002 CADILLAC DEVILLE
Does anyone have a magic formula for removing the blower motor? I know where it is and have access to it but I cannot get the thing out. What does it take to get the thing out?
Friday, April 2nd, 2010 AT 2:25 PM

DOCFIXIT
Remove insulation, glove box and DIM module and bracket that will give room for blower to come out.
Friday, April 2nd, 2010 AT 2:44 PM
BUDGIN
I have done all that but it will not come out. I rotated it as much as I could which is about 10 degrees but it will not come out. Do you have to remove the rubber covered insulation under floor carpet? It seems to be binding on that rubber covered insulation.
Friday, April 2nd, 2010 AT 2:53 PM
DOCFIXIT
Yes carpet must be pulled back sorry left that step out
Friday, April 2nd, 2010 AT 2:59 PM
BUDGIN
I have the carpet pulled back and it still does not rotate enough to get it out. It hangs up on the rubber covered insulation under the carpet. This rubber covered insulation extends up the firewall. Does this black rubber covered insulation have to be removed? How many degrees does it have to be rotated and in what direction?
Friday, April 2nd, 2010 AT 3:09 PM
DOCFIXIT
No rotate to move frame away from fire wall blower cage will hang up so tip motor away from firewall while rotating
Friday, April 2nd, 2010 AT 3:19 PM
BUDGIN
I don't know what the problem is but I cannot get that thing out. I have been working for two days to try to get it out. I guess I will have to take it to the shop and pay big bucks to get it repaired.
Friday, April 2nd, 2010 AT 4:15 PM
DOCFIXIT
Found some pics that may help seems in 2003 GM made change and added removal of glove box

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/198357_Grafic_4_28.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/198357_Graphic_429.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/198357_Grafic_3_117.jpg

-1
Monday, April 5th, 2010 AT 8:02 AM
BUDGIN
I took the IP storage compartment out and everything the instructions call for. The blower housing will not turn enough or tilt enough to come out. If it can be taken out I don't know how that is accomplished. I have followed all instructions I can find on the internet and your instructions and still cannot take it out. I don't think that any of what you have sent has helped at all.
Monday, April 5th, 2010 AT 8:55 AM
2CARPROS LINSEY
Have you had any luck getting the blower motor on your cadd fixed?
-1
Friday, April 9th, 2010 AT 12:01 PM
BUDGIN
No, never could get it out.
-1
Tuesday, April 13th, 2010 AT 1:09 PM
2CARPROS LINSEY
Sorry to hear you were unable to remove your blower motor. Let us know if you have any other questions.
-1
Tuesday, April 20th, 2010 AT 1:59 PM
DWILBU02
I have the same problem. Can not get the blower housing to drop low enoufg tp come out. The rubber backing and the firewall will not allow me to turn on drop the housing enough to come out. What a drag. I've unscrewed a lot of hard to get scnd up this wayrews and unpluged too many cables to end up unable to remove the blower. Going to be embarassed taking the car to the dealer this way. Hope they don't charge me more money.
Tuesday, November 27th, 2012 AT 12:10 AM