2002 Cadillac Deville

CDSULLY
  • 2002 CADILLAC DEVILLE
I just acquired a 2002 DeVille about 2 weeks ago. Last Saturday morning the A/C compressor kicked on, but no air came out from the front vents. I could hear the blower motor running and air was coming out of the rear vent. After about 2-3 minutes, air started blowing through the front vents. Happened again later that day, but no air blew out of the rear vent this time, and this time I could not hear the blower motor running. Again, everthing started working after 2-3 minutes.

Today, Monday, it did it twice (no blower motor). The first time it kicked on after about 2 minutes. However, the 2nd time it took about 15-20 minutes before the blower motor finally started working. In Texas, that was one heck of a hot ride home (at least half of it)! Any help would be appreciated.
Monday, July 5th, 2010 AT 10:42 PM

FACTORYJACK
It could possibly be an intermittent blower. I would suggest removing the lower insulator on the rh side, have a test light with you, and when the fan is inoperative, check across the blower connector with your test light. If it lights, and the blower is still inop, you need a blower. Or, when the blower is inop, tap on the motor end, if it starts running, I would still say faulty blower.
Tuesday, July 6th, 2010 AT 12:09 AM