1999 Cadillac Deville air conditioning

LAUREEN BYRD
  • 1999 CADILLAC DEVILLE
  • AWD
I just bought a 99 cadillac deville, when I pressed the auto button for air cond. A message came up on the message board "Low Refrig-turn A/C off". So I turn it to "Econ". Now when I turn the auto button on it automatically goes to "econ". The manuage said something about it would do that if there is something wrong with the A/C or compressor. Check the compressor and it is full with freon and doesn't seem to be leaking. Any ideas?
Wednesday, January 30th, 2008 AT 8:00 AM

BUZZSAW
It has to be low on freon, pull the codes, off and warmer on heater controls with key in the on posision, AC will not work with codes in the system, so you couldnt get right psi readings
Thursday, January 31st, 2008 AT 10:50 AM
LAUREEN BYRD
I took the car to the dealership and they said the compressor is out and need a new one. Should I alway believe the Cadillac dealership? I've had A LOT of work done with them on my other cadillac and I never walk out of there without paying $500 to $1000. I love cadillac's but the repairs are so high
Thursday, January 31st, 2008 AT 11:25 AM