1996 Cadillac Deville High Idle

CRAZYADEL
  • 1996 CADILLAC DEVILLE
I have a 1996 Cadillac Deville with 65K which was willed to me when my grandmother passed away. Any ways, when I start it in the morning it idles pretty high, in 1500 rpm range and can get up to 2500 after driving it for a few miles making it very hard to stop. Not only that, the car shakes when it is not in gear kind of like it is misfiring. There are not any check engine lights or codes when I hook up a scanner. What could this be?
Saturday, February 2nd, 2008 AT 6:06 PM

BUZZSAW
Pull the boot off the throttle assy, if it is real black inside clean it with carb cleaner while its running, there has to be codes, ck the motor mounts. Push off and warmer on the heater controls with the key in the on posision
Monday, February 4th, 2008 AT 6:32 PM
CRAZYADEL
Pull the boot off the throttle assy, if it is real black inside clean it with carb cleaner while its running, there has to be codes, ck the motor mounts. Push off and warmer on the heater controls with the key in the on posision[/quote]

Tried that already, clean as a whistle. The motor mounts on the top, I think they call them dog bones, are a little loose feeling. I check for codes and nothing came up except an old one that I had a while ago that went away by itself. It was a Bank 1 and 2 lean.
Monday, February 4th, 2008 AT 7:08 PM
BUZZSAW
Tried that already, clean as a whistle. The motor mounts on the top, I think they call them dog bones, are a little loose feeling. I check for codes and nothing came up except an old one that I had a while ago that went away by itself. It was a Bank 1 and 2 lean.[/Quote]

do you smell any gas under the hood? Ck the fuel rail for leaks. What did you do to fix your bank codes? No the motor mount is on the bottom of the car. Open the hood and get back in the car, with foot on the brake give it some gas quickly, if the engine jumps, the front motor mount is broken.
Tuesday, February 5th, 2008 AT 1:15 PM