1996 Cadillac Deville car CD player problems. Wiring?

HAMMERJ
  • 1996 CADILLAC DEVILLE
1996 Cadillac Deville V8 Wheel Drive Type unknown Automatic 85103 miles

Ok, I had just got a cd player 2 weeks ago and decide to hook it up myself. After I finished installing the cd player I couldn't hear anything and the fuse keep blowing. So I figure out that it was a wire or the busted speaker on my front passenger door. So after I went to a "professional" and got a new speaker put in everything was working fine. Then, I figure something strange keep happening everytime I hit the remote button(twice) to unlock the door, the antenna will go up half way and then come back down. I don't know what in the world is going on either, cuz everytime I cut the cd player on It lose its memory then I gotta keep setting the radio stations and so on. After that I took the radio out just to see how they installed cd player, and the only thing they did was ran a yellow wire to the steering column. My question is that the reason(wiring) why the cd player is actin like that?
Sunday, March 23rd, 2008 AT 7:43 PM

BUZZSAW
Is it a caddy player or aftermarket one? Sounds like to me its wired wrong
Monday, March 24th, 2008 AT 11:31 AM
HAMMERJ
Is it a caddy player or aftermarket one? Sounds like to me its wired wrong[/quote:14d9228c51]
aftermarket, actually a JVC
Monday, March 24th, 2008 AT 12:28 PM
BUZZSAW
Is it a caddy player or aftermarket one? Sounds like to me its wired wrong[/quote:2ba65853fe]
aftermarket, actually a JVC[/quote:2ba65853fe]

its definitly wired wrong, damage to unit maybe?
Tuesday, March 25th, 2008 AT 10:58 AM