REAR BRAKE LINE LEAKS

1991 Cadillac Deville

rbpanek

November, 10, 2009 AT 8:28 PM

Brakes problem
1991 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 118, 00 miles

hi. Sure hope you can help! Developed leak in " object" connecting passenger side brake line in front of rear wheel. Also looks like both rear brake lines severely corroded. One small leak in one of them as well. Service place wanted $500 to replace lines and the " object" which I suspect is just a coinnector. Car isn't even worth $500, even tho mileage is very low. I am financially stressed. Am looking for cheap fix solution. Maybe generic break lines? Am very handy. And can do much work myself. Can you help me get what I need to complete this repair?
Regards,

Rich

mhpautos

November, 10, 2009 AT 8:35 PM

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation, There will be no generic brake lines, it may be cheaper to get some made at your local brake shop, or look for good second hand lines at the wreckers, not sure about the object, this may well be the connector from the main line to split the brakes L& R they should be straight forward to replace and then re bleed, but breaks are so important, don't mess with them if you have any doubts.

Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Parking Brake Shoe Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Rear