ENGINE POWER REDUCED

2007 Cadillac CTS

Mikects2007

July, 25, 2010 AT 10:13 PM

2007 Cadillac CTS 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 55000 miles

I had a problem with the timing belt and got it fixed, soon there after I started hearing a whirring noise. After about a month, it started jerking and showing a check engine light and on the radio screen it would show " engine power reduced, so I would go to the side of the road, turn the car off then back on, and on my way. Just recently I noticed that this would happen when I have about a quarter tank of gas left and as soon as I fill up gas over a half tank full it would stop showing the engine power reduced on radio screen. Is it coincidence and what can it be. I have taken the car to the dealer and they stated it was the throttle body and replaced it twice and still the same thing is happening. I have given up on taking it to the dealership because it seems like they are taking my money and not fixing the problem. I have no idea what it could be. Need help

factoryjack

August, 5, 2010 AT 10:19 PM

They are correct in relation to the throttle body, and it is not the dealership, it is the tech that they are allowing to work on it. Without knowning the code, I would have to say it has to do with throttle position sensors. It requires someone who is going to spend som time in pinpointing and diagnosing the problem. More than likely, it is not the throttle body. It could have to do with the throttle body connector, or circuitry, possibly even the ECM. In the past, I have gone as far as replacing throttle bodies, the throttle body connector, and have even run new wires from the connector to the ECM. Half of the battle for a technician, is duplicating the fault. Then it lies in the preparation of capturing pertinent info when the fault occurs.

dmclwl

September, 8, 2010 AT 7:52 AM

I'm no expert-but take a look at a like post-same forum 2007 cad cts: -after much checking & reading service manual-turned out to be Throttle body wiring harness loose terminal sensor-easy access-seated connection properly-ran dtc check- all ok -running properly.
AND I'm the just the observant spouse wwwith a vested interest. It'd MY car.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Filter Change
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado