LOUD NOISE COMING FROM FRONT OF CAR WHEN

2003 Cadillac CTS

js27ca

December, 1, 2009 AT 9:24 PM

Noises problem
2003 Cadillac CTS 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 85,320 miles

I recently took my car to a mechanic (not gm) and had the rack and pinion replaced. About a month or two after, I noticed a loud creaking noise when I turned the wheel, half a turn to the left or right. When I make U-turns, it's very loud and creaking also. My cousin said I might have to bleed the rack and pinon b/c air bubbles, but i'm not sure. Any ideas?

factoryjack

December, 1, 2009 AT 10:10 PM

Air in the p.S. System would cause more of a growling. I would lean more toward upper strut bearing, lower ball joint, or control arm(which the ball joint is serviced with). Can you determine if the noise is coming from the left or right? With the aid of a second person, raise the hood and turn the wheels to make the noise while someone touches the affected pieces, that may identify the noise. You didn't specify, does the vehicle have to be moving to make the noise or, will it make it when stationary and turning the wheel?

Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Windshield Washer Reservoir Replacement
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement