DRIVERS POWER DOOR LOCK

1990 Cadillac Brougham

jermaine76

October, 19, 2008 AT 6:07 PM

Interior problem
1990 Cadillac Brougham V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 139000 miles

I took my son to school last week. When I released the lock to let him out the actuator sounded a little funny. When I got home I could not open the door! I got the other side. I can open the door from outside but not inside. When I took the skin off interior, I used a mirror to see that the rod that goes to the I think either the striker or inter latch was broken. Question is how do I find the replacement parts for the door? I find the actuator but no rod or kit to replace. Do you have any suggestions to help need car for work?

Door Locks

Door Locks Are Not Working

Jacobandnickolas

November, 17, 2008 AT 8:29 PM

Hi: My only suggestions are to contact your dealer and ask them to (with their computer) check other dealers for old stock. If no luck, try salvage yards, ebay, or online parts finders. You may have to purchase the entire door from a salvage yard to get the insides.

I hope this helps.

Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Explorer
Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Wiper Blade Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser